Day 2

This day was very productive for me. I learned more about GML for example I learned about If, else, while and for statements which are very useful in programming and coding, a lot of programming languages use this. After this, I started a new project in Game Maker called "Balloon Fighter". This game is a rip-off of space invaders but instead of aliens I made the enemies balloons which are being shot by an airplane (you the player). There are gonna be different colors of balloons and they will have different speeds. Some balloons will drop power ups when killed which give you upgrades depending on what they are. The airplane(you) will have 2 weapons: a primary gun and a secondary rocket. Today I only made most of the sprites for the enemies and the player.
I started off by making the airplane and balloon sprites. The balloon sprites have another sprite that I will later connect to called spr_balloon_pop. It will activate when the balloon is shot and it shows an animation of it popping.

I then continued to work on the the rest of the sprites the power ups etc. On Monday I will try to finish the rest of the sprites.
Tomorrow I will work on making the objects for the player and the balloons.

No comments:

Post a Comment