Day 71

Today I fixed my cursor problem and worked on other things.

I actually found out that Howard fixed my cursor while I was gone because Kody had told him that I needed help with that. The code that he put was cursor_sprite=spr_sword_cursor; it was that easy of a fix, but I thank Howard because he fixed it.

After that I started working on adding trees. I used the trees from my previous level but this time instead of making individual tiles I made a parent object for the tree and inside I set it so that its depth = -y which makes it so that you can go behind and in front if the tree depending on your Y position. So for example if your y is 5 and the tree Y is 4, your y becomes -5 and the tree y becomes -4 which means you would go under that part of the tree. This is a very simple mechanism especially for top-down games.

Next class I will be working on some other stuff.

1 comment: