Day 73 (Last Post... maybe)

Today is the last day of school and possibly my last post.

At the beginning of the semester I started being independent, which means that I get marked on whatever I do and I have to blog every day about it. I started watching tutorials and such on how to program in GML and I got kinda good at it. I then started the tutorial on how to make my first game which was a space invaders type game where you shoot balloons with a plane. After I finished that game I went on to working on a platformer. I encountered a lot of bugs and problems that I had to fix and the struggle was real. The game took about 50 classes to make and I also polished it to the best of my ability. After that I started working on this top-down game and I didn't get to finish it, but I might work on it over the summer.

To anyone who reads this I would like to say some advice. You should have a decent understanding of the GML language before you start making games, and don't just copy YouTube videos because that just copying someone else's work and not yours. It is OK to borrow someone else code but not everything in the code.

I had fun this semester and I hope I can continue next year and be an independent.

2 comments: