Day 53

Today Mr. Bilesky suggested that I keep working on my old game to "polish" it up because there is not much time left to start a new game. So i started to work on polishing up my game by adding things like scores etc. I started by removing Resets from the game and adding 1 to deaths every time I reset the game. Then I replaced resets with score. I gave each piece of item in the game a certain score that it adds.

Jump = 100
Walljump = 250
Speed = 500
Jump = 500
Killing Enemy = 1000

Then I made it so that the higher combo I have the more score I get per action by multiplying the score by combo. ex. If I kill an enemy add (1000) * (global.combo) so if the combo is 5 it would add 5000 to my score.

Then I thought "would it broken if the player could just keep resetting the room and the score doesn't change" so I wanted to fix that. I made a controller object and gave it a variable called "previousscore" and made it so that when I go to the next level that previousscore = score so that it saves the score at the beginning of the level. Then I made it when room start that the score would go back to previousscore when the room started.

So when someone resets it goes back to the score it was when the room started.

Tomorrow I will work on "polishing" up more things.

No comments:

Post a Comment